Searching for a job? Proper right here’s your probability to connect with remote- and disability-friendly employers who’ve a slew of openings all through numerous fields.
On Sept. 28, My Employment Decisions is web internet hosting a digital job trustworthy from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Japanese. Admission is free and open to all, nevertheless job seekers with disabilities are significantly welcome.
“The most effective candidate moreover consists of anyone that is making an attempt to return to work as soon as extra, looking for a occupation change, has employment obstacles, was laid off or is inquisitive about or looking for a work-at-home place,” acknowledged Lori Adler, spokesperson for My Employment Decisions. “The digital job trustworthy is perhaps an efficient strategy to discover out about foremost firms and neighborhood with employers with out leaving home.”
Reserve your spot by registering on CareerEco’s event net web page.
Employers hiring on the event embody:
- Bender Consulting Corporations
- Pearl Interactive Neighborhood
- Republic Corporations
- WR Packages
These firms have full- and part-time job openings in administrative and clerical work; accounting; buyer help; engineering; effectively being and dental care; human property; information experience; product sales; transportation and additional.
The event host, My Employment Decisions, is a nationwide career-services agency that companions with the Social Security Administration through the federal “Ticket to Work” program. It focuses on discovering work-from-home jobs for recipients of SSI or SSDI funds.
Specialists from My Employment Decisions spoke to us regarding the challenges and limitations of working whereas receiving incapacity benefits
The event itself is held on CareerEco’s site, a digital career-event platform for job seekers and employers. Take into account it as a result of the venue. To attend, you’ll desire a CareerEco account. In your profile, you’ll have space to share further information with employers, akin to your resume and bio.
Preparing for the Sept. 28 Digital Job Trustworthy
New to digital gala’s? You’re not alone. CareerEco’s CEO Gayle Oliver-Plath spoke to us about probably the greatest strategies to prepare for a digital job trustworthy. Thought-about certainly one of Oliver-Plath’s biggest gadgets of advice was to take it as severely as you’d an in-person event. That options formality.
“You have to be concerned with the best way you’re coming through in writing,” she knowledgeable The Penny Hoarder for our digital job trustworthy data. “Do not use any language that you just’d use in a textual content material” akin to slang or acronyms. No Yups, Ks or LOLs.
Adler, of My Employment Decisions, seconded that advice. She moreover actually useful double-checking the place firms are hiring, even when it’s a distant place.
Listed below are one other massive takeaways:
- Do your homework. — Just because the job trustworthy is on-line doesn’t make it any a lot much less important that you just make an ideal impression. Come to the trustworthy prepared with tailored questions for the hiring supervisor.
- Deal with tech beforehand. — Is your account accurately registered? Are your web browser and flash participant up to date? Paperwork organized and capable of go? Don’t neglect the motherlode of all tech factors: WiFi. Hardwire your laptop with an ethernet cable if worse entails worse.
- Be interview-ready. — If all goes properly, a hiring supervisor could ask to interview you on-the-spot. So be dressed to impress. Remember to are in a well-lit, distraction-free house the place you probably can chat. It’s OK if that’s not the case, too. Make clear that you just’re not in probably the greatest environment for an interview, and provide totally different events when you end up obtainable.
“Everyone knows many job seekers, significantly this 12 months, face quite a few obstacles to employment or have limitations that make it exhausting to connect with recruiters straight,” Adler acknowledged. “[Our] digital gala’s is perhaps an efficient means for job seekers to neighborhood.”
And even for many who don’t uncover the right job on the event, it’s good comply with. Digital job gala’s aren’t going away anytime rapidly.
Adam Hardy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. He covers the gig financial system, entrepreneurship and distinctive strategies to make money. Be taught his latest articles proper right here, or say howdy on Twitter @hardyjournalism.
This was initially printed on The Penny Hoarder, which helps lots of of hundreds of readers worldwide earn and decrease your bills by sharing distinctive job alternate options, non-public tales, freebies and additional. The Inc. 5000 ranked The Penny Hoarder as a result of the fastest-growing private media agency inside the U.S. in 2017.